EDAMS Operations Management – Water & Sanitation
Designed to cater for the unique requirements of Utility Service Providers and Municipalities, enabling a resourceful framework. Covers a multitude of industry specific operational requirements that deal with specific processes enhancing effectiveness and sustainability.
– Efficiency and Cost Optimization in Performing Operations
– Fault-free, Ensuring Quick Response and Optimal Asset Performance
– Reduced Production & Treatment Costs
– Reduced Electricity of Pumping Costs
– Production and Performance Analysis of Bulk Meters, Pump Stations, Boreholes and Water Treatment Plants (enabling reduction of energy costs)
– Technical data Analysis used for Maintenance, NRW Management and Rehabilitation Planning
– Quick Response and Productivity
The EDAMS Operations module provides users with the ability to manage readings / instantaneous measurements taken from any asset.
Instantaneous readings can be kept for assets in any fixed installation, i.e. Pump Station, Treatment Plant, and the collected data can include counter readings, operating times, energy consumption and user definable indicators such as temperature, pressure etc.
Bulk Meters Evaluation
EDAMS Operations module takes full advantage of all bulk meter readings collected from heterogeneous sources. It provides easy access and representation to all bulk meters and their readings. Particular emphasis is given in the representation of bulk meter readings in relation to balancing zones. Readings from selected bulk meters are shown simultaneously in time-series flow graphs so that any abnormalities can be easily recognised and amended.
Bulk Meters Analysis
- Efficient monitoring and control of bulk meter operation for prompt response to problems.
- Evaluation and verification of bulk meter readings.
- Flexible estimation of problematic meterings by a multitude of methods for any period that meters are out of action, including application of policies.
- Statistical analysis tools and pattern generation allows for Optimised Operational Guidelines.
Logs Management – Other Log types
Technical Departments of Utilities maintain all kind of Logs not necessarily related to instantaneous recordings from telemetry or other sources.
These logs are important sources of information and are used for the production of most yearly analysis figures for the Utility. These logs can be grouped in three categories, namely (a) Period Logs (b) Audited Logs (c) Generate Logs.
Monitoring & Control – Production Analysis
For each production unit (Water Treatment Plant or Borehole) the system maintains:
1) The volumes pumped, hours operated, energy consumed in terms of totals, averages and peak factors should be calculated.
2) Records with regard to breakdown times can be analysed and statistics derived.
3) Production unit cost is calculated, especially with regard to electricity but also with regard to other costs such as: Raw Water Purchases / Water License Rights, Water Quality Testing, Chemicals, Direct Labour Costs and Direct Repairs & Maintenance & Material Costs provided such logs / costs are kept in the database.
Monitoring & Control – Pumping Analysis
Pump Performance Analysis includes:
- Pump size / system configuration suitability in terms of Energy (electricity) consumption as compared with optimal consumption for the specific need.
- Pump / motor efficiency in terms of Energy (electricity) consumption as compared with consumption at the designed duty point.
- Overall Pumping efficiency in terms of Energy (electricity) consumption as compared with optimal consumption for the specific need.
The operational efficiency of the asset can be used as a preventive maintenance trigger