– Cost Optimal Energy Trading Operations, Balancing Supply and Demand
– Flexible Configuration of Regulations & Tariffs, PPA Agreements
– Cost Optimal FWM (Forward Market) and DAM (Day Ahead Market) Buy/Sell allocation
– Flexible Production Allocation for FWM trading
Regulations | Tariff Structures | Producers / Production Forecasting | Customers & Consumption Forecasting | Energy Balancing Optimisation | PLANNING – Performance Forecasting | Declaration – Declaration Level Calculation | Reconciliations | Settlements | Energy Trading (Producers, Retailers, Hybrid) in Forward and Day ahead markets | Registration of Production Units & Market Participants | Flexible PPA (Power Purchase Agreements) | Meter Data Management System (MDMS), for Production and Consumer Meters | Optimal FWM and DAM Buy/Sell allocation | Daily Operations Processing, Reconciliations, Settlements & Invoicing | Generation of optimal PPP (Park Production Program) | Monthly Operations Processing, Reconciliations, Settlements & Invoicing
EDAMS Energy Trading allows the extensive parametrisation of Regulation settings covering: (a) Basic Purchase Prices (b) Fuel Adjustment Rates (c) Calculation of Losses (d) Fines (e) Production Load Factors (f) Efficiency Deterioration and (g) Bilateral Contracts.
Tariff Categories are user-definable, enabling changing of tariff structure as required.
Producers / Production Forecasting
Production Records Management
- Historical Analysis of all production records are carried out to calculate Monthly Load Factors per park.
- Production/ Purchase Cost rates are forecasted and compared. Production is forecasted monthly as per Monthly Load factors adopted.
Customers & Consumption Forecasting
Customer Records Management
- “Customers” imply both connected and to be connected in the future customers that have signed a preliminary agreement with Supplier and whose last year’s monthly consumption records have been entered in the Billing system.
- Consumption is forecasted using the Consumption rates (MWh/h) per customer connected/ to be connected and the Calendar number of hours corresponding to each Consumption rate. The forecast is finalized using Energy Balancing Optimisation.
Energy Balancing Optimisation
Energy Balancing Optimisation implies matching Consumption (including losses) with Production (including losses).
The system guides the user by always calculating an Overall deviation index [Sales/ Production (year ahead) ratio] for the next 12 months to be used as guideline in allocation.
PLANNING – Performance Forecasting
- Monthly selling and purchasing rates are compared to indicate areas of profit and loss.
- Detailed Monthly Reconciliation is carried out using Optimal Declaration levels.
Declaration – Declaration Level Calculation
- Production (with losses) and Sales (with losses) are forecasted for the declaration period (month) in the same manner as with Planning forecasts. The Supplier optimal overall declaration level is calculated. History of forecasted amounts is kept for comparison with actual amounts.
- Each Production Unit is allocated a declaration level. This is done pro-rata their forecasted production for the month.
- Reconciliation Matrix per Production Unit and Overall used for producing settlement forms. Reconciliation Matrix must be approved by authorized person prior to proceeding with settlements.
- Sales Analysis: Compares Market Operator totals with Supplier Billing totals and produces report. Production Analysis: Compares Production amounts and production losses from own figures and Market Operator figures and produces report.
The system produces:
- Supplier vs Producers Settlement
- Supplier vs Market Operator Settlement
- Production Unit vs Market Operator Settlement Summary